November Birthstone Highlight
Individuals born in November can choose between two sunny gemstones to brighten up the month! Both of November’s birthstones, citrine & topaz, are fairly abundant and affordably priced, even in large sizes.
Citrine & Topaz overview:
- Citrine is a variety of quartz, which has been used in jewelry for thousands of years
- It’s most popular shade is an earthy deep brownish or reddish orange, and the finest citrine color is saturated yellow to reddish orange free of brownish tints
- Citrine is often mistaken for topaz, but quartz and topaz are actually unrelated mineral species
- Topaz features a variety of colors, from yellow, orange, light blue, violet, pink, etc.
- It’s also given to celebrate 19th wedding anniversaries, and certain types (blue and Imperial, respectively) acknowledge 4th and 23rd wedding anniversaries, as well.
Caring for & cleaning these gemstones:
- They can be safely cleaned with warm, soapy water
- Ultrasonic cleaners are usually safe except when the stone is dyed or treated by fracture filling
- Warm, soapy water is the best method for cleaning topaz
- It’s important to avoid steam or ultrasound
Gifting Ideas & Style Inspo
Whether shopping for a November birthday, a 13th wedding anniversary, or just an affordable piece of jewelry, Citrine makes the perfect gift!
1. A pop of color never goes unnoticed
2. The perfect pair – our new citrine birthstone jewelry set features a dainty, two-tone design that’s great for everyday wear
3. Add some sparkle to your look with this citrine & diamond ring
Learn more about these gemstones from the American Gem Society here!