Now that Spring is officially upon us, almost everyone has started their Spring cleaning, but don’t forget about cleaning your jewelry! Come in today for a full professional cleaning and inspection at Michaels Jewelers. Our free service utilizes the latest in ultrasonic and high pressure steam cleaning and our thorough inspection will insure your gemstones are tightly mounted to prevent loss. If you can’t make it into one of our stores soon, here is a safe way to keep most of your sparkly gems shining at home:
- Fill a small bowl with warm water and add a small amount of gentle dish soap. The best choice is one made with natural ingredients in order to avoid harming your jewelry with chemicals. Gentle hand soaps or shampoos may also be used but be sure not to use one which contains moisturizers as this could leave a film on your gemstones
- Place your jewelry in the bowl for a few minutes to allow the warm water to penetrate and loosen any dirt, dust, and grime that has built up there
- Use a soft bristled toothbrush to gently rub any grime from your jewelry. Scrub lightly, poking the bristles into the hard-to-reach crevices. Most mountings have openings behind your gemstones. Use the brush to reach through these openings to the backs of your gemstones
- Rinse your ring in cool water
- Lay your jewelry out on a paper towel or clean cloth to dry
- Stop by any Michaels Jewelers location and have one of our Associates check your jewelry to ensure there aren’t any loose stones and use the proper form of cleaning. If you have any questions on which method is best for your jewelry, don’t hesitate to ask. Remember, Cleaning and Inspection is FREE!