Get The Look – Oscars 2018
We saw a lot of colorful looks at the 2018 Oscars! The major trends included sparkling drop earrings with pear shaped gems or filigree designs & diamonds with white metals.
We saw Weaving opt for rose gold earrings with rubellite & amethyst. Get the look with these Judith Kipka drop earrings, which feature round briolette cut pink sapphires & mother of pearl.
Best Supporting Actress nominee, Allison Janney, wore more than 125 carats of diamonds on the red carpet! The standout piece is the 55.26 carat diamond necklace set in platinum. Make a statement with this platinum Riviera diamond necklace inspired by Janney’s look.
We saw actress Nicole Kidman stun in these cluster diamond chandelier earrings weighing in at 23.52 carats. These white gold & diamond spiral drop earrings are a great option to get Kidman’s look.
We’re loving the glamorous aquamarine necklace that Gadot wore on the red carpet! This 27-carat aquamarine drop necklace features over 1,000 diamonds, which played up the sequins on her gunmetal gown. Get her look with this Victorian aquamarine necklace from our 2018 Spring Estate collection.
Share your favorite Oscars’ styles in the comments below!
Tips to Restyle Your Outdated Jewelry
Do you have any outdated, broken jewelry or perhaps something that just isn’t your style? Transform your jewelry into something new with these restyling tips.
1. Add gemstones – By adding diamonds or colored gemstones you can turn your jewelry pieces into contemporary and chic designs.
2. Change the form – Earrings can be made into pendants, and gemstones from outdated rings can be incorporated into a new design to create a contemporary necklace or bracelet.
3. Create multiple pieces – Re-design outdated jewelry pieces to create heirlooms for your family members. For example, a pair of earrings can become two pendants and can be given as a meaningful gift to children and grandchildren.
4. Change the primary metal – The original materials from your heirloom can be incorporated into a new design alongside modern materials used in fashion-forward design, such as enamel and titanium.
Its time to clean out your jewelry box! Transform your jewelry into something new during Michaels Jewelers’ One-Day Only Jewelry Styling & Redesign Event! Our specialists will work with you to create the perfect jewelry design and our skilled craftsman will make your new design come to life while you wait!
Check out the full event schedule here.
Today we’re highlighting the February birthstone, amethyst. While amethyst is most commonly recognized to be a purple color, this gemstone can range from a light pinkish violet to a deep purple. The same stone can even have layers or color variants.
Here are some more fun facts about this gemstone:
- It’s often associated with peace, courage and stability
- English regalia were decorated with amethysts during the Middle Ages to symbolize royalty
- Amethyst jewelry has been found and dated as early as 2000 BC
- Use this gemstone to celebrate the 6th & 17th year of marriage
To learn more about this beautiful gemstone – check out the American Gem Society article found here.
Pantone has recently announced the 2018 Color of the Year – Ultra Violet. For those of you who have a passion for purple, this color trend is for you!
Ultra Violet is a blue-based purple that is rich like the night sky. It communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking that points us toward the future.
We thought it was fitting to share our favorite jewelry pieces that show off this beautiful purple hue!
Are you feeling this year’s color? Visit one of our 10 Michaels Jewelers locations to see more gemstones that exhibit this Ultra Violet hue.