Tips to Restyle Your Outdated Jewelry
Do you have any outdated, broken jewelry or perhaps something that just isn’t your style? Transform your jewelry into something new with these restyling tips.
1. Add gemstones – By adding diamonds or colored gemstones you can turn your jewelry pieces into contemporary and chic designs.
2. Change the form – Earrings can be made into pendants, and gemstones from outdated rings can be incorporated into a new design to create a contemporary necklace or bracelet.
3. Create multiple pieces – Re-design outdated jewelry pieces to create heirlooms for your family members. For example, a pair of earrings can become two pendants and can be given as a meaningful gift to children and grandchildren.
4. Change the primary metal – The original materials from your heirloom can be incorporated into a new design alongside modern materials used in fashion-forward design, such as enamel and titanium.
Its time to clean out your jewelry box! Transform your jewelry into something new during Michaels Jewelers’ One-Day Only Jewelry Styling & Redesign Event! Our specialists will work with you to create the perfect jewelry design and our skilled craftsman will make your new design come to life while you wait!
Check out the full event schedule here.
Valentine’s Day Gift Guide
Valentine’s Day is a time to celebrate the loved ones in your life. Whether it be a significant other, family member or friend, spread the love with the perfect gift from Michaels Jewelers. With Valentine’s quickly approaching, we’re sharing our top Valentine’s Day gift ideas they’ll cherish all year round.
Gifts For Her
1. 14K yellow gold Puff Heart Necklace – $179
2. Sterling silver Diamond Heart Soulmate Pendant – $249
3. Two tone Love Disc Pendant – $49.50
4. 14K white gold Diamond Bezel Ring – $399
Gifts For Him
1. Citizen Eco Drive Calendrier Watch – $356
2. Visconti Rembrandt Pen – Prices May Vary
3. Bulova Watch – Prices May Vary
Click below to check out our full Valentine’s Day Catalog!
Today we’re highlighting the February birthstone, amethyst. While amethyst is most commonly recognized to be a purple color, this gemstone can range from a light pinkish violet to a deep purple. The same stone can even have layers or color variants.
Here are some more fun facts about this gemstone:
- It’s often associated with peace, courage and stability
- English regalia were decorated with amethysts during the Middle Ages to symbolize royalty
- Amethyst jewelry has been found and dated as early as 2000 BC
- Use this gemstone to celebrate the 6th & 17th year of marriage
To learn more about this beautiful gemstone – check out the American Gem Society article found here.
GIFTS FOR GAL PALS
Galentine’s Day is an increasingly popular holiday where women celebrate their incredible friendships. What better way to show your gal pals how much you value their friendships than with an amazing Galentine’s Day gift.
Find the perfect Galentine’s Day gift for your BFF’s:
1. Friendship Jewelry for proud BFF’s – Alex And Ani Best Friends Bangle Set – $48 & Be Yourself Bangle – $38
2. ❤ Jewelry – PANDORA Two Hearts Ring – $45 & PANDORA Rose Two Hearts Ring – $60
3. Crown Jewelry – PANDORA Rose My Princess Ring – $80 & PANDORA Rose Timeless Elegance Earrings – $100
4. Keys to Friendship – Alex And Ani Key To Love Necklace – $38
VALENTINE’S DAY ENGAGEMENT RINGS
Valentine’s Day is one of the most popular proposal days! This day is all about love, and there’s something extra romantic about proposing on this holiday. Popping the question is where love begins and lasts forever! If you’re thinking about proposing this February 14th, we’ve got sparkling Valentine’s Day engagement rings.
You’re sure to get a YES! with one of these beauties. Find the perfect Valentine’s Day engagement ring:
1. A unique Valentine will love this halo design.
2. A playful Valentine will adore this radiant cut halo.
3. An romantic Valentine will be yours with this cushion halo.
4. A confident Valentine will appreciate this round diamond.
5. A classic Valentine will say yes to this stunning solitaire.
Treasure Chest Grown – A New Choice in Diamonds
Treasure Chest Grown diamonds are physically, chemically, and optically identical to their mined counterparts. The only difference is origin. It’s impossible for the naked eye to differentiate between a grown diamond and a mined diamond. Even a gemologist with a microscope cannot tell the difference!
Treasure Chest Grown diamonds are graded by the same leading independent labs that grade mined diamonds. “Lab Grown” and a report number is laser-inscribed on the girdle of each diamond. *All lab grown diamonds over 0.25 carat are graded and laser-inscribed.
How Treasure Chest Grown Diamonds Are Made
Treasure Chest Grown diamonds are produced by utilizing two gem-quality diamond creation processes: Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) and High Pressure-High Temperature (HPHT). In both processes, a diamond seed is placed in an environment that contains carbon. Under suitably controlled conditions, the diamond grows, atom-by-atom, layer-by-layer.
Lab Grown vs. Mined Diamonds
Both have the same physical, chemical and optical properties and emerge as rough diamonds. Both have the same hardness, specific gravity, refractive index, and dispersion; are polished using the same equipment and techniques; and have the same brilliance, fire, and sparkle. Both are, in fact, diamonds!
The cut, color and clarity of our colorless, near-colorless and fancy color diamonds are consistent with very high quality mined diamonds. In fact, all of our colorless lab grown diamonds are type IIa, which is the purest type of diamond found in nature and accounts for only 2 percent of the global production of mined diamonds.
Whether you have just recently got engaged, received something sparkly over the holidays or just want to keep your existing jewelry shining bright, take a look at our tips on how to best care for your jewelry:
Jewelry boxes can collect dust and can quickly become disorganized – take a moment to wipe down your jewelry box and use a lint roller to roll up and pesky dust particles.
- Organize your jewelry by category and make sure to store properly – remember, anything silver should be stored in an anti-tarnish pouch! We recommend storing costume jewelry separately from fine jewelry, this can prevent additional tarnishing and helps you remember what’s fine jewelry vs costume
- Find any jewelry that may not fit your style anymore? We offer restyling – let us transform your outdated jewelry into something new and modern. Another option is to bring your jewelry to be evaluated by our buyers – who knows what some of your jewelry can be worth! We offer trades or cash for jewelry, scrap gold and more!
When was the last time you looked closely at your jewelry? There may be some wear or damage to your precious jewelry that can easily be fixed.
Take your precious goods to any Michaels Jewelers location
to have it inspected to make sure all prongs are tight and clasps are working properly to avoid losing stones or your jewelry all together. There’s nothing worse than losing a cherished piece of jewelry.
Does your white gold look dull? We offer Rhodium plating that will make your jewelry look brand new! Is your watch not running? We can replace batteries on the spot! Michaels Jewelers is a full service jeweler who can take care of any jewelry repair and restoration needs.
There are 3 easy ways to clean your jewelry:
1. Bring your jewelry to any Michaels Jewelers location
for a complimentary cleaning & inspection. Professional cleaning systems are far superior than any home treatment plus you get the benefit of having a professional inspect your jewelry for any issues (see above), plus its FREE!
2. Invest in an at-home cleaning system. Our Michaels Jewelers Care Kit has all the essentials needed to make your jewelry truly shine. At a $14.95 price point – receive an all purpose cleaner, 4 ply polishing cloth, anti-tarnish pouch and anti-tarnish strips. Michaels Jewelers New Cleaning Solutions can be used on any jewelry – from silver to semi-precious and porous gemstones. If you do not have a Michaels Jewelers Care Kit or New Cleaning Solution, be careful and read the label on any jewelry cleaner to make sure that it is compatible with your jewelry
3. For For an easy DIY cleaning, soak your ring for a few minutes in mild dish soap and warm water, then scrub carefully with a soft toothbrush
Click below to see how our care kit works!
Michaels Jewelers’ Care Kit
If you ever have any questions related to your jewelry care, reach out to our professional jewelers who would be happy to help!