If you want to distract your partner with something shiny, here are some surefire ways to drop a hint.
Drop a Hint: Instagram Inspo!
Share your sparkling find via Instagram by browsing our feed for inspo, and save your favorites to a dedicated engagement ring collection. A DM is your best best if you’re trying to keep things low-key.
You can also tag your significant other in an Instagram post using #michaelsjewelers.
Drop a Hint: Repin on Pinterest
Pinterest is a great source for engagement ring and wedding inspo. Once you’ve figured out your unique style, it’s time to drop a hint.
Pin a ring or two to your board or repin one of our curated pins. Make your board public and share it with your significant other or keep it private and invite them to be a collaborator.
Have your hopes set on a ring from Michaels Jewelers? You might want to save these popular pins to your board:
You can also drop a hint via our website. If you find yourself torn between a few rings, add them to your wishlist and share it with your significant other! Simply find a ring you like and click the heart icon next to each ring to add it to your wish list.
Pro tip: To save your list for future reference, either create an account or log in.
Let us know how you popped the suggestion in the comments below or on our social channels: Instagram or Facebook
Have you ever noticed the term “Fluorescence” when shopping for a diamond? Did you know that some diamonds show effects under ultraviolet light?
For most people who purchase diamonds, fluorescence will be a non-issue, but some might be confused by the term. Diamond fluorescence is a characteristic in which a diamond displays a glow (usually blue) when exposed to ultraviolet light. More rarely, they emit a yellow or orangy light. According to the GIA, about 25% to 35% of diamonds exhibit some degree of fluorescence.
Our expert Blake, General Manager Michaels Jewelers Trumbull, shared the effects of diamond fluorescence and what to look for when selecting a diamond.
1. Strong fluorescence can make a diamond look hazy/milky and oily with less transparency in natural light. It may appear like a film on the stone, almost as though there are really bad finger prints you can’t wipe off
2. Slight fluorescence can actually improve the appearance of color in a diamond to make it look naturally whiter – This may save a little bit on the cost of the stone. However, to ensure the best reflection, refraction and dispersion, and to maximize these aspects of a diamond with superior cuts, you ideally don’t want any fluorescence conflicting with that
3. Overall, fluorescence is neither good nor bad. A diamond’s beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Leave us a comment below with any additional questions related to diamond fluorescence and what you’d like to see next in our Pro Tips series!
Happy birthday May ladies! May birthdays fall right in the heart of spring, and the emerald is the perfect gem to symbolize and celebrate this month.Today we’re highlighting the Emerald, prized for its brilliant and beautiful green color.
Emerald color can range from light green to a deep, rich green. The most desirable emerald colors are bluish green to pure green with strong to vivid color saturation and medium to medium-dark tone.
Some fun facts about this beautiful gemstone:
Emerald is the symbol of rebirth, and is believed to give good fortune, foresight, and youth
The emerald was mined in Egypt as early as 330 BC, but some estimate that the oldest emeralds are 2.97 billion years old
These gems are highly prized and intensely colored ones can be quite rare
Happy birthday April ladies! Continuing on with our birthstone series, today we’re highlighting the diamond, the most prized gemstone of all!
Diamonds come in a variety of colors including yellow, red, pink, blue, and green. Generally speaking, the more saturated the color, the higher the value. Fancy-color diamonds are very desirable, but they’re more rare.
Some fun facts about this beautiful gemstone:
Diamond is the only gem made of a single element – It’s typically about 99.95% carbon
Over the centuries, diamond was thought to be an antidote to poison. It’s now the universal symbol of love!
Whether you’re celebrating an April birthday or a 60th or 75th wedding anniversary, giving a diamond means giving a perfectly beautiful gift that will truly stand the test of time
We saw a lot of colorful looks at the 2018 Oscars! The major trends included sparkling drop earrings with pear shaped gems or filigree designs & diamonds with white metals.
We saw Weaving opt for rose gold earrings with rubellite & amethyst. Get the look with these Judith Kipka drop earrings, which feature round briolette cut pink sapphires & mother of pearl.
Best Supporting Actress nominee, Allison Janney, wore more than 125 carats of diamonds on the red carpet! The standout piece is the 55.26 carat diamond necklace set in platinum. Make a statement with this platinum Riviera diamond necklace inspired by Janney’s look.
We saw actress Nicole Kidman stun in these cluster diamond chandelier earrings weighing in at 23.52 carats. These white gold & diamond spiral drop earrings are a great option to get Kidman’s look.
We’re loving the glamorous aquamarine necklace that Gadot wore on the red carpet! This 27-carat aquamarine drop necklace features over 1,000 diamonds, which played up the sequins on her gunmetal gown. Get her look with this Victorian aquamarine necklace from our 2018 Spring Estate collection.
Share your favorite Oscars’ styles in the comments below!
Do you have any outdated, broken jewelry or perhaps something that just isn’t your style? Transform your jewelry into something new with these restyling tips.
1. Add gemstones – By adding diamonds or colored gemstones you can turn your jewelry pieces into contemporary and chic designs.
2. Change the form – Earrings can be made into pendants, and gemstones from outdated rings can be incorporated into a new design to create a contemporary necklace or bracelet.
3. Create multiple pieces – Re-design outdated jewelry pieces to create heirlooms for your family members. For example, a pair of earrings can become two pendants and can be given as a meaningful gift to children and grandchildren.
4. Change the primary metal – The original materials from your heirloom can be incorporated into a new design alongside modern materials used in fashion-forward design, such as enamel and titanium.
Its time to clean out your jewelry box! Transform your jewelry into something new during Michaels Jewelers’ One-Day Only Jewelry Styling & Redesign Event! Our specialists will work with you to create the perfect jewelry design and our skilled craftsman will make your new design come to life while you wait!