June Birthstone Highlight
June is one of only two months that has three birthstones associated with it, giving the lucky people born in June a choice of gemstones!
June’s birthstones range from creamy-colored pearl and moonstone to the rare color-changing alexandrite!
Some fun facts about these gemstones:
- A pearl is an organic gem that grows inside saltwater and freshwater mollusks
- Pearls are also gifted on 1st, 3rd, 12th and 30th wedding anniversaries
- Moonstone comes in a range of colors spanning yellow, gray, green, blue, peach and pink—sometimes displaying a star or cat’s eye
- Alexandrite is a very rare color change variety of the mineral chrysobery
- Alexandrite is also the traditional gift to celebrate a 55th wedding anniversary.
Take a look at some of our top gifting ideas!
1. Add-Her Pearl necklace
2. Gold pearl ring from our Estate Collection
3. Freshwater pearl earrings & lariat necklace
To learn more about these beautiful gemstone – check out the American Gem Society article found here.
May Emerald Birthstone
Happy birthday May ladies! May birthdays fall right in the heart of spring, and the emerald is the perfect gem to symbolize and celebrate this month.Today we’re highlighting the Emerald, prized for its brilliant and beautiful green color.
Emerald color can range from light green to a deep, rich green. The most desirable emerald colors are bluish green to pure green with strong to vivid color saturation and medium to medium-dark tone.
Some fun facts about this beautiful gemstone:
- Emerald is the symbol of rebirth, and is believed to give good fortune, foresight, and youth
- The emerald was mined in Egypt as early as 330 BC, but some estimate that the oldest emeralds are 2.97 billion years old
- These gems are highly prized and intensely colored ones can be quite rare
Take a look at some of our top gifting ideas!
1. Emerald & diamond halo pendant
2. Emerald & diamond halo earrings and pendant
3. Gold emerald & diamond pendant
To learn more about this beautiful gemstone – check out the American Gem Society article found here.
Get The Look – Oscars 2018
We saw a lot of colorful looks at the 2018 Oscars! The major trends included sparkling drop earrings with pear shaped gems or filigree designs & diamonds with white metals.
We saw Weaving opt for rose gold earrings with rubellite & amethyst. Get the look with these Judith Kipka drop earrings, which feature round briolette cut pink sapphires & mother of pearl.
Best Supporting Actress nominee, Allison Janney, wore more than 125 carats of diamonds on the red carpet! The standout piece is the 55.26 carat diamond necklace set in platinum. Make a statement with this platinum Riviera diamond necklace inspired by Janney’s look.
We saw actress Nicole Kidman stun in these cluster diamond chandelier earrings weighing in at 23.52 carats. These white gold & diamond spiral drop earrings are a great option to get Kidman’s look.
We’re loving the glamorous aquamarine necklace that Gadot wore on the red carpet! This 27-carat aquamarine drop necklace features over 1,000 diamonds, which played up the sequins on her gunmetal gown. Get her look with this Victorian aquamarine necklace from our 2018 Spring Estate collection.
Share your favorite Oscars’ styles in the comments below!
Tips to Restyle Your Outdated Jewelry
Do you have any outdated, broken jewelry or perhaps something that just isn’t your style? Transform your jewelry into something new with these restyling tips.
1. Add gemstones – By adding diamonds or colored gemstones you can turn your jewelry pieces into contemporary and chic designs.
2. Change the form – Earrings can be made into pendants, and gemstones from outdated rings can be incorporated into a new design to create a contemporary necklace or bracelet.
3. Create multiple pieces – Re-design outdated jewelry pieces to create heirlooms for your family members. For example, a pair of earrings can become two pendants and can be given as a meaningful gift to children and grandchildren.
4. Change the primary metal – The original materials from your heirloom can be incorporated into a new design alongside modern materials used in fashion-forward design, such as enamel and titanium.
Its time to clean out your jewelry box! Transform your jewelry into something new during Michaels Jewelers’ One-Day Only Jewelry Styling & Redesign Event! Our specialists will work with you to create the perfect jewelry design and our skilled craftsman will make your new design come to life while you wait!
Check out the full event schedule here.
Today we’re sharing the best jewelry from the 75th Annual Golden Globes along with inspired pieces to get the look!
Two of the biggest trends on the red carpet seem to be statement earrings and necklaces. These pieces were the star of the show with most celebs wearing their hair up or pushed back to let these pieces shine.
We’re loving these glamorous drop earrings. Get Dakota Johnson’s look with the PANDORA Cascading Glamour Earrings
We have two great earring options that are inspired by Gal Gadot’s look on the red carpet! First, are these stunning 18K white gold diamond spiral drop earrings. Get the look for less with these PANDORA Shooting Stars Earrings.
Make a statement with this two tone shimmering dangle necklace inspired by Greta Gerwig’s look.
Last but not least we’re featuring two necklace options so you can get Issa Rae’s look! First up is this platinum Art Deco Era emerald and diamond necklace. Second, is this gorgeous yellow gold emerald and diamond necklace .
Let us know what your favorite looks are from the Golden Globes red carpet! We’re looking forward to seeing all of the fun trends to come this award season.
Today we’re highlighting the January birthstone, garnet. Red garnets have a long history, but this gemstone comes in a wide variety of colors from greens, oranges, pinkish oranges, deeply saturated purplish reds, and even some blues. The price of the piece will likely increase for more rare colors like green or blue.
Here are some quick facts about this gemstone:
- The garnet is so durable, remnants of garnet jewelry can be found as far back as the Bronze Age
- The garnet symbolizes deep and lasting friendship
- Can also be used to toast a 2nd wedding anniversary
- Find a cut that spreads light evenly over the surface of the garnet. This will help bring out the overall beauty and color of the gemstone.
To learn more about this gorgeous gemstone – check out the American Gem Society article found here.
Still need a gift for that special someone? Not to worry! Let our specialists help find the perfect gift for everyone on your list.
A Gift that Sparkles
A Pop of Color
Diamond & Emerald Necklace
Diamond & Emerald Earrings
Diamond & Ruby Necklace
Diamond & Ruby Ring
Diamond & Sapphire Necklace
Diamond & Sapphire Ring
Diamond Friendship Bracelet
Topaz & Diamond Friendship Bracelet
Diamond Friendship Bracelet
We hope that these gift ideas help you find the perfect gift for that special someone in your life! Plus- We’re opening early and staying late, just for you! View our Holiday Hours here.
Today we’re sharing our top holiday picks under $150. These gift ideas are perfect for any woman in your life, and can be cherished for years to come.
#1 STERLING SILVER & DIAMOND ANGEL PENDANT – $149
First up is this sterling silver diamond Angel Pendant coming in at just under $150. This necklace is 18 inches in length with .10cttw in diamonds. Perfect for any seasonal outfit or worn all year round!
Sterling Silver Diamond Angel Pendant
#2 PANDORA LAVISH SPARKLE RING – $125
Our next pick is the PANDORA Lavish Sparkle Ring as seen in O, The Oprah Magazine Favorite Things Issue. This ring features sterling silver with cubic zirconia stones, and gives a contemporary look with antique-inspired textures.
Pandora Lavish Sparkle Ring
#3 ALEX AND ANI NORTH STAR CHARM BANGLE – $32
Our third holiday gift idea is the ALEX AND ANI North Star Charm Bangle. Carry the North Star as a constant and dependable guide – its direction never fails you. This bracelet comes in a silver or gold finish, and can be layered for a fun stacked look. *Available in our Meriden, Waterbury, and Torrington Michaels Jewelers locations.
Alex And Ani North Star Charm Bangle
#4 PANDORA ROSE TIMELESS ELEGANCE EARRINGS – $100
We also wanted to feature the PANDORA Rose Timeless Elegance Earrings for all of the rose gold tone lovers out there! These earrings feature a halo of cubic zirconia stones surrounding a danube-cut center stone. PANDORA Rose can be described as a unique metal blend consisting of copper and silver with rose gold plating. This timeless design is also available in sterling silver.
PANDORA Rose Timeless Elegance Earrings
#5 STERLING SILVER FASHION PENDANT – $99
Our final holiday gift guide pick is this sterling silver fashion pendant. This necklace is 18 inches in length, and has a brushed finished tear drop slide. It can be dressed up or down, and is great for any occasion.
Sterling Silver Fashion Pendant
Well, that’s a wrap for our holiday gift guide under $150. We hope that these ideas will help you find the perfect gift for any woman in your life. We would love for you to share your favorite jewelry piece from this guide in the comments below! Happy Holidays!